Researcher in Animal Welfare and Sustainable Production Systems
IRTA - Institute of Agrifood Research and Technology
- Develop and lead research on animal welfare, health and husbandry in sustainable livestock production;
- Experimental and modeling studies on agro-livestock systems and interactions with animal welfare and climate change;
- Study of factors that influence decision-making on welfare in livestock, and the construction and implementation of support tools in these processes to improve the competitiveness of livestock farms;
- Propose, develop and coordinate public and private research projects on welfare and sustainable livestock production, both at the regional, national, European and international levels;
- Establish networks with international research centers to promote and participate in welfare and sustainable production projects;
- Promote and participate in multidisciplinary research on sustainable animal production with other IRTA programs;
- Participate actively in extension activities in welfare and sustainability in animal production;
- Improve existing tools and create new ones to evaluate animal welfare as a central element within sustainable animal production.
- PhD degree in Veterinary Science or related Animal Sciences;
- In case of having obtained a PhD while in IRTA, a minimum of 2 years' post-doc experience in research centers other than IRTA is required;
- Previous experience in fund-raising in competitive European and national research or extension projects from the private sector or administration;
- Experience as a principal investigator of competitive research projects;
- Excellent scientific level (h index ≥ 13);
- Experience in directing and supervising graduate students and young researchers;
- Experience in transferring results of research to the livestock sector.
- Networking with national and international sustainable production research groups, competent authorities, associations and producers;
- Knowledge in other production areas related to sustainability;
- Drive licence type B and availability for travelling.
- Innovation capabilities;
- Team work capabilities;
- Education abilities;
- Decision taking and team leading skills;
- Ability to establish strategic alliances with other R&D national and international teams as well as the productive sector;
- Ability to plan, organize and lead;
- Communication skills;
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing working environments;
- Ability to work in a team in multidisciplinary environments.
For more details and to apply for this job click here