Postdoc in ‘Comparative Network Biology in Plants’
The Comparative & Integrative Genomics lab (Klaas Vandepoele) and the Systems Biology of Yield lab (Dirk Inzé) of the VIB Department of Plant Systems Biology, is currently looking for a Postdoc in ‘Comparative Network Biology in Plants’.
- Tackle specific research questions about plant growth and yield in different plant species through the integration of experimental omics data types (e.g. RNA-Seq, phenotypes, GO functions) and computational biology methods (e.g. comparative genomics, network analysis);
- Interpretation of network biology results using scientific literature, unpublished experimental datasets and current working hypotheses;
- Work in close collaboration with computational and experimental colleagues, both in Ghent and abroad (through short-term visits within Europe);
- Reporting of results to international partners and publish in peer-reviewed international journals.
- You have PhD degree in Bioinformatics, Plant Biotechnology or related;
- You are enthusiastic about scientific research and have a strong interest in studying plant biology using genomics and systems biology approaches;
- Through international peer-reviewed publications, you have a track record in plant genomics or systems biology research;
- You are familiar with Linux/Unix and have knowledge of Python/Perl or another programming/scripting language;
- You have good communication and writing skills;
- You are proficient in English.