Head Data Analytics, Reporting and Quality Control Section
OPCW - Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons
Den Haag, Netherlands
Do you have experience in the field of information systems' management, data quality control and reports' management, and do you want to contribute to the mission of the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons which is seeking to rid the world of chemical weapons and promote the peaceful use of chemistry globally? Do you want to join a world renowned organisation which was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for its efforts in the field of global disarmament?
Apply now and join us!
OPCW is looking for a committed, hands-on professional working in the field of information management, data handling & analytics; experienced in leading a team, you will work in a multicultural environment contributing to the daily work in our Verification Division. Does this sound like you?
Your Role at OPCW
As Head Data Analytics, Reporting and Quality Control, you will lead the multinational team, ensuring that all processes in the Division are functioning properly and critical core business tasks are executed to meet the expectations of stakeholders. You will manage the Information Systems of the Division, work closely with our IT department, ensuring data quality across business critical systems, and related management reporting.
Further responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Propose and implement various tools and solutions to improve the analytical capabilities of the Verification Division;
- Ensuring the timely provision of training, assistance and support to various stakeholders, with regard to the use of all tools and systems used within the Verification Division;
- Managing the multinational team and providing relevant guidance to each team member;
- Project management and budget tracking.
Are You the Candidate We Are Looking for?
As an experienced professional in information handing including the design and implementation of information management systems you will be an accountable individual, with first class leadership and management skills enabling you to work well under pressure and effectively within a team, in a multicultural environment. You must have an appreciation of the need to observe confidentiality in a highly-sensitive work area. In addition:
- You have obtained an advanced university degree in IT, statistics, mathematics or physical science; You have at least 7 years of experience in information handling, including designing and implementation of information management systems;
- You have prior experience in implementing Business Intelligence solutions for a medium-large organisation;
- You have a proven track record in a leadership role and as a project manager;
- You possess the relevant knowledge with regard to business relationship management, and alignment of IT and business objectives;
- You are fluent in English (spoken and written).
What We Offer You
Besides the opportunity to develop your personal and professional skills within a multicultural environment, we offer you the following benefits:
- The opportunity to contribute to achievement of the OPCW's vision of a world that is free of chemical weapons and the threat of their use;
- A competitive tax free annual salary and associated benefits depending on your personal situation;
- An initial two-year appointment with a six-month probationary period. The total duration of the contract cannot exceed seven years.
Would you like to work in/for an international organisation to develop your skills working with various stakeholders, and further your understanding of business concepts and procedures? Are you also able to understand user needs and can you react quickly in problematic situations? Click on this link and apply online.
Please note: interested applicants who are unable to submit an application online due to technical problems, are requested to send an e-mail to Recruitment@opcw.org explaining the problem.
The OPCW (Organisation for The Prohibition of Chemical Weapons) is an intergovernmental organisation founded in 1997. The mission of OPCW is to implement the provisions of the Chemical Weapons Convention (CWC) in order to achieve the OPCW's vision of a world that is free of chemical weapons and of the threat of their use. OPCW Headquarters are located in The Hague, the Netherlands.
Agency calls not appreciated.