Senior Mechatronic Engineer for Intelligent Machines and Vehicles Research
You set up research projects with top companies in Flanders and investigate how to increase the intelligence of their products (machines/vehicles).
As an expert in machine and vehicle modelling, control and simulation, you:
- Take the technical lead of a research team, combining expertise in dynamics, control and model based mechatronic system engineering;
- Are a technological sparring partner for the companies involved;
- Work together with account managers and research program leaders, understanding company needs and setting research goals.
More concretely, you:
- Define the technological challenges and needs before the project starts. With active listening techniques you reveal the underlying technological problem of the company;
- Set realistic project goals and timings;
- Perform research close to your own expertise and lead the project execution for the team;
- Regularly discuss the technological ambitions and results with the company stakeholders;
- Actively trace and present industrial challenges and research opportunities. You help others with your expertise in writing project proposals.
Industrial innovator with a conceptual mind:
- Master's degree or PhD in Engineering (Mechatronics (Mech., Electr., Electron.), Modelling & Simulation, Control systems, Robotics, ..);
- Track record of at least 10 years, preferably in an industrial setting;
- Broad knowledge in smart and interconnected machines and/or vehicles (machine and/or vehicle dynamics and motion control, modelling, signal processing, control algorithms, system simulation, sensors and actuators, instrumentation,..);
- Experience in leading projects and teams.
- A conceptual thinker inspired by research problems and technological innovation;
- A good listener and communicator who can build sustainable relationships;
- Result driven and pro-active;
- Open minded and a team player.