Research Associate in Bioinformatics/Computational Systems Biology
SIB - Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics
We are looking for a machine learning expert/bioinformatician who is well versed in the statistical analysis of large-scale biological data and bioscientific programming. The candidate will be responsible for the processing and machine learning analysis of RNA sequencing, microarray and GWAS data, and the collaborative integration of analysis results with those obtained on clinical, proteomics and metabolomics data. The project is part of a long-term, multi-centre collaboration on diagnostic biomarker discovery for Parkinson’s disease patients. It will use both existing and newly collected high-throughput experimental data from patients and controls, but also from corresponding in vivo and in vitro models as part of an integrative systems biology approach.
- The candidate will have a PhD or equivalent degree in machine learning, statistcs or bioinformatics;
- Prior experience in large-scale data processing and bioscientific programming is required;
- A track record of previous publications in large-scale biological data analysis should be outlined in the CV;
- Demonstrated skills and knowledge in machine learning, biostatistics, next-generation sequencing data analysis (in particular RNAseq), pathway and network analysis are highly advantageous;
- The candidate should have a cross-disciplinary aptitude, strong organizational and interpersonal skills, and a keen interest in collaborative biomedical research;
- Fluency in oral and written English.