Full-time Faculty Position (Postdoc) in Digital Health/Biomedical Informatics
Medical University of Vienna
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for a full-time faculty position (postdoc) at the Section for Artificial Intelligence and Decision Support at the Medical University of Vienna, Austria. The position can be filled starting with February 1, 2017.
We seek outstanding candidates passionate about creating the next generation of computational tools to benefit the lives of patients around the world. This can span the entire spectrum of health information ranging from molecular and genomic all the way to clinical, epidemiological, environmental and social.
Creativity as well as a proactive stance on solving problems and developing new ideas across disciplines are welcome. Speaking German is not required, but fluency in English (written and spoken) is a must.
The position is initially limited to 5 years. The current gross salary for this position is 3.590,70 Euro (paid 14x per year).
- Doctoral degree in (biomedical) informatics, biomedical engineering or a similar technical discipline with a focus on computer science,
- Expertise in biomedical informatics and/or the application of information technologies in the medical domain (“digital medicine”),
- Excellent scientific track-record including publications as first author / corresponding author in international scientific journals,
- Interest in research and teaching in medical informatics.
- Optionally (but of advantage): Experience with acquiring research funding.