Postdoctoral Researcher in Embedded Systems for Mechatronics
University of Antwerp - Faculty of Applied Engineering
The Faculty of Applied Engineering, research group CoSys-Lab, is seeking to fill the following full-time vacancy: Postdoctoral researcher in Embedded Systems for Mechatronics.
- The main goal of your research will be to investigate how algorithms, some containing models of the physics for signal processing or control, can be deployed on a heterogeneous embedded architecture. The resulting system has to take quality attributes like robustness, efficiency, real-time behaviour, etc. into account. The envisaged embedded platforms range from simple micro-controllers to advanced FPGAs.
- You hereby apply model-based development techniques such as modelling, verification and code generation in the context of the development of mechatronic systems.
- You actively participate in attracting research funds, with an important focus to collaboration with industry.
- You actively participate in supporting the ongoing research activities of CoSys-Lab.
- You give support in teaching in the domain of electronics and IT.
- You hold a doctoral degree in applied engineering, applied sciences, sciences, or equivalent.
- You have several years of experience in model-based methods for the design of embedded systems for mechatronic applications.
- You have experience with several of the following techniques: microcontrollers, FPGA, DSP, software and/or hardware architectures for embedded systems, signal processing, control systems for mechatronics.
- You have the skills to translate research results into industrial applications, or you show the capabilities to grow towards these skills.
- You are proficient in English and have excellent scientific writing skills.