Postdoctoral Position in the CRG/UPF Proteomics Unit
CRG - Centre for Genomic Regulation
Mission of the role
A postdoctoral position is open at the CRG/UPF Proteomics Unit in Barcelona to work on the characterization of protein-protein interactions and the identification of labile protein post-translational modifications on cell lines by HPLC and ESI-based mass spectrometry.
The successful applicant will become a part of an international team of scientists, which is working closely with scientists at the Parc de Recerca Biomèdica de Barcelona.
We are looking for highly motivated and organized candidates with previous experience in mass spectrometry, proteomics or similar analytical techniques. Candidates must have good communication skills, capable of working in a group, and with a high degree of work autonomy.
The following aspects will be preferred and will be taken into account when selecting candidates:
- Experience in mass spectrometry and liquid chromatography techniques;
- Experience in molecular characterization by mass spectrometry;
- Broad knowledge in the analytical and organic chemistry fields.
- PhD in disciplines such as Chemistry, Biology, Pharmacy, or Biochemistry.
Technical skills required:
- Operation of mass spectrometers and liquid chromatographers;
- Manual interpretation of mass spectra;
- Experience with the protein chemistry toolkit.
- Fluent level of English.
- A highly motivated and organized candidate;
- Capable of working in a group, and with a high degree of work autonomy.