Post-doc Fellowship - Nuclear Medicine (PET) Instrumentation
University of Aveiro - Physics Department
A position for a post-doctoral scholarship is open within Project “easyPET”, nr. 17823 financed through the “Fundo Europeu de Desenvolvimento Regional” (FEDER), “Programa Operacional Competitividade e Internacionalização”:
- Engineering Physics or Biomedical Engineering or similar areas.
- PhD in Engineering Physics or Biomedical Engineering or similar areas;
- Experience in the area of medical instrumentation and/or radiation detectors.
The successful candidate will be integrated in the project and be partially responsible for:
- Selection of commercial scintillator crystals of the detector system of a PET system, evaluation of their quality in terms of uniformity of response, dimensions, conditions of reflection and emission;
- Definition of requirements for the radiation detection cells and parameters for technological tests: Study and characterization of different commercially available silicon photomultipliers and their adequacy to the prototypes under development;
- Assemblage of different experimental systems and optimization of all the parts and connections involved; Study and optimization of different systems for optical coupling between interfaces using a unitary cell;
- Study and selection of commercial multi-channel electronic readout solutions adequate for the preclinical easyPET system;
- Assemblage and alignment of the radiation detection cell modules in the prototypes;
- Stress performance tests of the prototypes in laboratorial environment.