Researcher Modelling, Simulation and Control for Smart Machines and Vehicles
You simulate multi-physical models for the design of smart machines and vehicles or develop and validate control algorithms.
Mechatronic systems are becoming increasingly complex, we demand more features and better performances and impose more and more requirements onto systems.
Consequently it is becoming more and more important to use intelligent model-based development methods.
On real-life industry motion systems applications, you will:
- work together in a research team which combines expertise in control, machine dynamics modelling, and signal processing;
- play a key role in analysis and system identification, in the development of multi-physical predictive models, and/or in the development of control algorithms;
- work with different machines and/or vehicles;
- work in close collaboration with experts from our industrial partners and have regular contacts with experts from knowledge centres in Belgium and abroad;
- trace and present industrial challenges and new research opportunities.
- A Master or Phd in Engineering (Mechanical, Electronical, Electrical, Automotive, Modelling & Simulation, Control systems, Mechatronics, Robotics);
- Expertise in the field of modelling, simulation or control of dynamical systems;
- A track record in research on topics closely related to research domains of Flanders Make is a big plus;
- A keen interest to apply theoretical concepts on practical case problems;
- Any experience with applications on machines and/or vehicles is a plus, either in an academic or an industrial setting;
- Experience with modeling software (Simscape, Amesim, Matlab, a,d/or Simulink).
- Passionate about research and new technologies;
- A good conceptual thinker;
- Result oriented, responsible, self directing and a team player;
- A good communicator;
- Eager to learn.