Postdoctoral Scientist, Host-Patogen Interactions in Synthetic Genomics
University of Bern
We are looking for a flexible, enthusiastic and highly motivated postdoctoral scientist to implement state of the art synthetic genomics techniques with the help of our collaborators in our research unit. Earliest starting date February 2017:
- Implementation of genome transplantation;
- Implementation of CRISPR/Cas9 mutagenesis;
- Mutagenesis of Mycoplasma;
- In vitro & ex vivo testing of Mycoplasma mutants;
- Supervision of staff;
- Resource mobilization.
- A PhD degree obtained no more than 5 years ago in the field of microbiology or molecular biology;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to perform in multidisciplinary and multicultural research environment;
- Willingness and ability to travel to partners abroad;
- Three years of experience in diverse cloning techniques;
- Experience in working with S. cerevisiae and CRISPR/Cas9 mutagenesis would be a great asset.