Medical Science Liaison/Medical Advisor, CEE
Slovakia or Czech Republic
Intercept is an exciting new biopharmaceutical company, with Headquarters in the US. We plan to be the credible partner in progressive, non-viral Liver Diseases to physicians, patients, payers and the broader scientific community. As Intercept develops towards commercialization in 2017, we are creating a European organization full of people who are committed to bringing new innovation in Liver Diseases. We are looking to appoint an exceptional Medical Science Liaison/Medical Advisor, CEE to be a founding member of Intercept CEE organization.
The MSL, CEE can be based in either Slovakia or the Czech Republic, and will be responsible for customer interface across both countries. The MSL (Medical Science Liaison) is a 75% of the time, field-based position primarily responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships with thought leaders and other healthcare providers (HCPs). The MA (Medical Advisor) is a 25% of the time, office based position primarily responsible for establishing and maintaining a compliant system regarding medical approval and medical information in the region. The MSL will serve as a resource and scientific expert of hepatology across the product life cycle and serve to advance Intercept’s medical and scientific program aligned with corporate goals and objectives. The MA will serve as a resource and expert of the local legal requirements for medical information and approval of educational and promotional materials.
- Identify, gain access to, and develop professional relationships with thought leaders, active and potential study investigators and professional organizations within assigned geography;
- Demonstrate an astute ability to effectively articulate relevant scientific and clinical information relative to hepatology and Intercept’s product life cycle to HCPs and researchers;
- Engage in scientifically accurate and unbiased discussions, and respond to clinical inquiries, in full compliance with company policies;
- Utilizes scientific resources to deliver impactful presentations in a variety of different settings including but not limited to, advisory boards and patient advocacy groups;
- Support research initiatives across development – including site identification and provide support to clinical site investigators (as needed);
- Serve as a liaison between key corporate functional areas and HCPs who express interest in conducting investigator-initiated research, to facilitate review and consideration of research proposals;
- The MSL will maintain clinical, scientific, and technical expertise in hepatology through continuous learning and knowledge of the therapeutic area related scientific literature;
- Attend and support scientific/professional meetings/conferences consistent with areas of therapeutic responsibility;
- The MSL works collaboratively with Intercept personnel across functional areas, including but not limited, to Medical Affairs, Clinical Research and Commercial Organization;
- Serves as a scientific resource as appropriate to support activities such as medical congress staffing, advisory boards, and training initiatives;
- The MA demonstrates an astute ability to approve medical material as well as promotional material in a legally compliant and scientifically correct way;
- The MA serves as a scientific and legally compliant resource for the local commercial team in regard of developing and approving all local materials given to the external stakeholder groups;
- The MA supports scientifically accurate and compliant all medical, scientific or commercial activities, which are mainly prepared for stakeholders, payers or patients.
- Advanced medical or scientific degree (MD, PharmD, PhD);
- Significant experience in Czech Republic and Slovakia in a medical position is required, orphan/start up experience represents an additional strong add on;
- Experience in hepatology, endocrinology, cardiology/lipidology, or gastroenterology are also beneficial;
- Significant clinical, scientific/research, or industry related experience or equivalent required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Bi-lingual - professional use and communication of English and Slovakian languages; both written and verbal. At least one additional CEE language (Czech, Croatian, Serbian, Slovenian) is highly preferred;
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required;
- Excellent working knowledge of country specific pharmaceutical regulation and regulated ethical behaviors;
- Excellent working knowledge of CEE drug law and the pharmaceutical regulation regarding Promotion of Rx;
- Must have knowledge of and be willing to comply with all regulatory/compliance policies consistent with position;
- Ability to complete goals within allotted timeframes and deliver high quality results;
- Ability to travel (up to 70%).
Being a part of building Intercept’s CEE organization from the outset is a unique opportunity. This role will, however, demand an energetic, confident, independent medical leader with a good sense of humor. Thus, the position provides high visibility and growth opportunities for talented individuals who would like to accelerate themselves in a growing organization as Intercept Pharmaceuticals. Competitive remuneration on offer.