Application Specialist - Swedish, Norwegian, Danish or Finnish Speaking Role
Roche, Laboratory Diagnostics Customer Support Centre
Burgess Hill, West Sussex, United Kingdom
The Regional Customer Support Centre is responsible for the application and technical customer service of our diagnostic systems across the Nordic’s, South Africa and UK & Ireland.
We have an excellent opportunity now for an experienced Biomedical Scientist/Field Application/Product Specialist to join our team. A Nordic Language is required - either Swedish, Norwegian, Finnish or Danish as well as being fluent in English.
The scope of this role will be to provide application, technical and scientific telephone support to our customer base, for the Roche Professional Diagnostics portfolio of instruments and reagents, such as cobas 8000/cobas 6000, e411, c311, pre and post analytics.
What you can expect in this role
- To support our national and international customers remotely in Swedish, Norwegian, Finnish or Danish;
- Handle customer enquiries from the acceptance of application product problems through to case resolution;
- Be the interface between customers, field force and global divisions, and deliver sustainable solutions for complex issues. In this way, you ensure a results-oriented and first-class service for our customers;
- Continuously monitor the process and quality of our services and therefore deliver an important contribution to improving the service quality;
- Conduct customer and employee training in the customer support centre and at the customer site;
- As a specialist, you support our field service representatives and local teams with system troubleshooting and on-site support in the local country as well as sales organisations with instrument/system demonstrations.
Who you are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
- You are fluent in a Nordic language and speak very good English;
- You have successfully completed your studies e.g. as a biomedical scientist, clinical chemist, biologist;
- You have gained several years of work experience as a laboratory scientist, technician, or medical technical assistant;
- You will either live within commuting distance of Burgess Hill (UK) or be prepared to relocate and enjoy working in a multi-cultural environment;
- You have in-depth knowledge with regard to the systems and reagents used in laboratory medicine;
- You are fascinated by application problems and you always present good solutions quickly;
- You enjoy being a competent contact partner for customers and colleagues;
- You distinguish yourself with excellent communicative and analytical skills combined with high customer focus, team orientation and self-initiative.
In return, we will offer you a competitive salary package and a first class, industry recognised product training program with continuous professional development.
For more information and to apply, please go to http://www.roche.com/careers/jobs/jobsearch/job.htm?id=E-3088022834.
Application closing date: 28 April 2017
Who we are
Our UK Diagnostics business, headquartered in Burgess Hill, West Sussex, employs approximately 560 highly skilled individuals. We provide the industry’s broadest range of diagnostics and monitoring products & services, spanning all sectors of the market: from small hand held devices used directly by patients or healthcare professionals, to large diagnostic instruments found in hospital laboratories.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.