Professor of Botany
University of Graz
Short description of the profile of the professorship
The professorship (according to § 98 UG) with the focus on mycology is assigned to the field of Systematic Botany and Geobotany. The research emphasis on questions relating to diversity and interactions of fungal organisms is desired. The holder of the position shall have an outstanding record of high profile publications and successful acquisition of third-party funds in plant scientific/mycological research in the field mentioned above. The research of the position holder shall support the research core area of the University in "Environment and Global Change" as well as the research nucleus "Evolution and Functional Biodiversity" of the Institute. Furthermore, his/her research activity shall enforce the Institute's expertise in symbiosis research. The professorship supports teaching in bachelor's and master's programmes connected to the Institute, particularly in the field of Plant Sciences (including mycology). Active participation in the strategic local cooperation NAWI Graz is expected.
Requirements for employment
- Completion of an appropriate university degree at a university in Austria or abroad;
- Habilitation or equivalent qualification in botany/mycology/microbiology respectively in a relevant subject area;
- Excellent scientific qualification in research and teaching for the relevant subject and profile of the professorship;
- International experience after doctorate;
- Outstanding publication record and competence in subject-specific project acquisition;
- Management and leadership experience;
- Gender mainstreaming competence.