TUT - Tallinn University of Technology
The Department of Chemistry and Biotechnology of the School of Science, of TTÜ plans to open a professorship in microfluidics starting from 01.01.2018 (or later). It concerns a full-time position as a Professor in the rank of Associate Professor (tenure track position) at the Department of Chemistry and Biotechnology, whose duties include academic teaching, research and provision of services in the discipline of microfluidics. It is considered as an advantage if the applicant’s research is related to the above focus areas of the Department of Chemistry and Biotechnology.
The Department has put a great effort into building a cutting-edge research infrastructure that includes state-of-the-art instrumentation for spectroscopic and chromatographic analysis (NMR, IR, UV, MALDI, ESI-TOF, and capillary electrophoresis), X-ray crystallography and quantitative biochemistry. There are facilities for producing microfluidic chips and equipment.
Requirements for the candidate
- the candidate should hold a PhD degree in Chemistry or an equivalent degree;
- high level scientific competence and experience in leading scientific research is expected;
- it is expected that the person to be recruited has a record in obtaining external funding and is able to participate in international co-operation projects in his/her field of expertise;
- the candidate is required to have experience in initiating and leading research;
- the candidate should have acquired a postdoctoral experience and have experience in international mobility. Among other things participation in research programs at research institutions not linked to the university where the highest degree was obtained is recommended;
- the candidate is required to have research experience in the field of study concerned (microfluidics and miniaturization of analytical instrumentation), as proven by recent publications in international peer reviewed journals and/or books;
- the candidate is expected to take advantage of the existing competence in microfluidics in TTÜ and cooperate with the present microfluidic groups in TTÜ by advancing the current topics of interest of those groups;
- the candidate must be able and willing to assume a teaching assignment in the field of microfluidics in the different educational programs of the School of Science;
- the candidate must have the necessary didactic skills to realize his/her academic competencies with university students.