Postdoctoral Fellow (Senior Research Fellow)
South Ural State University
Applications are sought for a Postdoctoral Position to undertake research investigations in collaboration with and under the supervision of the Senior research fellow of Department of materials science and physical chemistry of materials Dmitry Zherebtsov.
Research Project Title: The crystalline carbon molecular sieves (carbon zeolites): synthesis and mechanism of formation from polycyclic aromatic substances.
It will be explored physical and chemical equilibria of processes of formation of the single crystal of graphite from a molten solution in the iron-carbon system, suitable for obtaining of large defect-free graphene samples. It will be studied the influence of the temperature, cooling rate and temperature gradient of the melt, on dislocation density and growth rate of graphite crystals on a seed. It will be derived model of dislocation formation and conditions for growth of defect-free graphite crystals. The original growth assembly will be developed to grow large single crystals of graphite.
Essential requirements for this position:
- Planning and implementation of high-temperature experiment;
- Skills in growing single crystals by spontaneous crystallization and modified by the Czochralski method;
- Skills to work with high-temperature vacuum furnace;
- Skills in the design and manufacture of equipment for growing single crystals;
- Skills in the modern research equipment (SEM/EDX, XRD, DSC, VSM, EPR, IR).
- Postdoc agreement to work in the night time, weekends, holydays according to the schedule controlling the work of single crystal growth equipment, including work on holidays and weekends;
- English Language Skills: advanced (preparation of scientific publications, free communication on professional issues).
The post is a full time, fixed term position for two years.
Details about South Ural State University can be found at http://www.susu.ru/en
To apply please prepare application form including following information:
- Date of birth;
- Postgraduate degree;
- Date of PhD;
- Title of PhD thesis;
- The University of postgraduate study;
- The Year of earning postgraduate degree;
- List of publications for the last 5 years;
- Copies of the most significant publications for the last 5 years;
- Current position;
- Work experience;
- Level of English;
- Knowledge of other languages;
- Names and Contacts of recommenders (at least two persons);
- E-mail address;
- Telephone number.
Please also add those documents to your application: Copies of documents of earning postgraduate degree; Pasport copies; Work record card copy (if you have); Curriculum vitae); Motivation letter).