University of Antwerp
- Participate in a trans-disciplinary research project to identify the cause of nodding syndrome and epilepsy in onchocerciasis endemic regions;
- Develop research protocols;
- Visiting research study sites in Africa and assisting in coordinating local research activities;
- Writing scientific publications on project results;
- Assist in policy development based on study results.
- Excellent knowledge of epidemiology, experience with data management and statistical data analysis;
- Experience with participating in a research project in developing countries (preferably in Africa) is an important asset;
- Excellent organizational skills and able/willing to travel to remote places in Africa;
- Strong interest in scientific work; flexible, autonomous, strong sense of initiative and responsibility;
- Good communicative skills, collaborative and multidisciplinary interest;
- Outstanding academic record;
- Excellent knowledge of English, both oral and written;
- Good knowledge of French, both oral and written.
For more details and to apply for this job click here