Postdoctoral Position on Joint Inflammation
A postdoctoral position is available in unit for molecular immunology and inflammation (Prof Dirk Elewaut and Lars Vereecke). This research team focuses on molecular mechanisms of joint inflammation and associated tissue damage. Much emphasis in our work is given on its relevance to human disease.
The project will take advantage of new evolutions in the role between biomechanics and inflammation. The goal of the project is to study the molecular determinants of joint inflammation using genomics and functional genomics approaches.
- The candidate should have obtained a PhD degree in biomedical sciences, medicine or molecular biology or biotechnology
- The candidate should have a strong publication record in peer-reviewed international journals
- You have excellent communication skills in spoken and written English
- The candidate should be able to work independently, and willing to contribute to the supervision of master students
- The candidate has strong practical experience with molecular biology techniques and data mining (including arrays), cellular immunology, ideally also in osteoclast biology and good knowledge on inflammation and joint inflammation and inflammation induced bone loss
- The candidate has practical experience with mouse models, ideally in the field of arthritic disease